JOB VACANCY: DIGITAL CONTENT MANAGER
The European Handball Federation is looking for a digital content manager, based out of its headquarters in Vienna, Austria.
Following the official start of the 10-year partnership with Infront and the DAZN Group, two of the leading companies on the international sports market, on 1 July 2020, the time for a new digital era was announced by the EHF and its marketing subsidiary, EHF Marketing GmbH.
A 360-degree digital strategy as well as a new digital ecosystem to amplify the reach and awareness of handball was launched across all platforms including TV, OTT, digital and social media.
Working with the sport’s top competitions including the EHF Champions League, the new EHF European League and EHF EURO events, the Digital Content Manager has the exciting opportunity to influence the federation’s content strategy across owned web and social media channels.
Over 1.2 million people already follow the EHF’s competitions and activities on social media and the federation has set itself high-reaching targets, as it seeks to engage with a new generation of younger fans in the future.
As part of the EHF Media and Communications Department, the Digital Content Manager will be responsible for the further development and implementation of the federation’s content strategy, management of content teams, liaison with external production teams and ensuring consistent storytelling across all owned channels to achieve agreed targets.
- Work closely with the respective departments within the EHF and EHF Marketing GmbH as well as with external production and digital marketing teams to develop a content strategy and deliver relevant and engaging content for the federation’s owned digital channels
- Responsible for ensuring growth in reach and engagement across all web and social channels in order to achieve targets
- Develop detailed content planning, ensuring consistent storytelling across all owned channels in line with the federation’s brand values and communication tools
- Creation of new content ideas and formats as well as the implementation of new technologies in order to establish the EHF/M as a leader in digital media communications
- Manage a network of content producers to deliver high-quality, relevant and engaging content for owned channels
- Manage the day-to-day work of EHF content/channel management team (editorial and social media) based at the EHF Office in Vienna to ensure comprehensive coverage of all the federation’s competitions and activities
- Ensure the implementation of sponsor and partner campaigns across EHF channels, working alongside internal and external digital and marketing teams
- Use analytics and key insights to monitor, develop and report on performance of content and channels
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar content management/head of content position
- Previous experience of content creation and delivery for multiple web and social media channels
- Experience of managing teams of content producers (editors, journalists, social media reporters and video teams etc.)
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of web and social media including content production for channels incl. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube and TikTok
- Experience of post-production video creation for digital channels
- Knowledge of web and social media analytics tools including such as Google Analytics and Socialbakers
- A creative flair and understanding of how to reach different demographics with engaging content
- Fluent spoken and written English - a must; ability to speak German would be an advantage for daily work
- Knowledge and experience of working in the sports industry essential; previous knowledge of handball a definite advantage
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the latest digital, technology and content trends
- Willingness to relocate to Vienna, Austria
About EHF/EHF Marketing GmbH
The EHF is the umbrella organisation for handball in Europe and has 50 member federations. Its tasks include the organisation and management of high-profile handball competitions such as the EHF Champions League, the EHF European League and the EHF EURO events. The federation’s diverse range of responsibilities also include: managing player transfers, development and education programmes as well as the promotion of additional forms of the game including beach handball and wheelchair handball.
EHF Marketing GmbH is the marketing arm and subsidiary of the European Handball Federation. The company works closely with marketing and media partners, as well as with Europe’s leading clubs to release the full potential of the sport on the international sports market. The EHF Marketing GmbH is responsible for the exploitation, organisation and promotion of the European club handball competitions including the EHF Champions League Men, the DELO EHF Champions League and the EHF European League.
Applying for the position
To apply, send your current CV and a covering/motivation letter in English explaining why you would like to work for the EHF and what you feel that you can bring to the role by email to email@example.com
The position is full-time (40 hours per week) and is based at the EHF Office in Vienna. Minimum payment € 42,000 p.a., negotiable depending on previous experience and educational background.