Job vacancy: Social Media Specialist
Job vacancy: Social Media Specialist
The European Handball Federation is looking for a social media specialist, based out of its headquarters in Vienna, Austria, starting in October 2019.
Working across the sport’s top competitions including the VELUX EHF Champions League, DELO WOMEN’S EHF Champions League and EHF EURO national team events, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced social media expert to drive further growth in the federation’s fan base.
Close to 1 million people already follow the federation’s numerous channels across social media and there are ambitious plans to reach and engage many more people in the future thanks to a new partnership with Infront and the DAZN Group commencing in 2020.
The successful candidate will manage social media channels on a day-to-day basis, coordinate campaigns and work to develop new ideas to reach, engage and grow the fan base.
The role will involve working with external agencies to create content (video/graphics) for publication on EHF channels. Other key aspects include listening and responding to the handball community and also tracking and monitoring analytics to maximise performance across campaigns and channels.
This is a full-time position based at the EHF Office in Vienna. The role will involve working at major international handball events including the VELUX EHF FINAL4, DELO WOMEN’S EHF FINAL4 and EHF EURO final tournaments.
- Manage EHF's social media campaigns and day-to-day activities
- Create engaging campaigns and content (incl. text, graphics and video) on own initiative and together with external agencies
- Pro-actively develop communication and interaction with/between fans
- Work with social influencers to increase reach
- Use analytics and reporting to optimise planning and scheduling of content
- Deal with crisis communication across social media channels
- Contribute to the development of a long-term social media strategy
- Create and develop fan HTML newsletters
- Additional tasks as required within the EHF Media & Communications department
- Minimum 2 years’ previous experience as a social media or community manager
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working with all major social media platforms
- Excellent understanding of how to communicate through social media to reach and engage with audiences
- Previous experience of working with social influencer programmes
- Experience and understanding of analytics and reporting to develop insights and maximise performance
- Excellent written and spoken English, as well as an understanding of how to use the right words at the right time and the correct tone of voice
- An eye for creative content generation, including video editing, with a strong command of the Adobe Suite (or similar) products, i.e. Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator etc.
- Prepared to try out new ideas/develop new formats for channels
- Passion for sport essential; knowledge of handball and the EHF’s top competitions also an advantage
- Ability to speak German also an advantage
- Willingness to relocate to Vienna, Austria
About the EHF
The EHF is the umbrella organisation for handball in Europe and has 50 member federations. Its tasks include the organisation and management of high-profile handball competitions such as the VELUX EHF Champions League, DELO WOMEN’S EHF Champions League and the EHF EURO events. The federation’s diverse range of responsibilities also include managing player transfers, development and education programmes as well as the promotion of additional forms of the game including beach handball and wheelchair handball. 60 members of staff work at the EHF headquarters in Vienna, which is home to both the EHF and its marketing arm, EHF Marketing GmbH. More information at www.eurohandball.com
Vienna: the world’s most liveable city
The Austrian capital offers one of, if not the, highest quality of life in world and regularly tops the list of the most liveable cities. Vienna is a well-known tourist destination thanks to its magnificent historic buildings and museums, coffee house culture and its vibrant cultural scene including the world-famous Vienna State Opera House. For its inhabitants, the city also offers excellent health care and education, affordable housing, cheap and efficient public transport, plenty of green spaces and close proximity to the countryside.
Applying for the position
To apply, send your current CV and a covering/motivation letter in English explaining why you would like to work for the EHF and what you feel that you can bring to the role by email to:
European Handball Federation
The position is full-time (40 hours per week) and is based at the EHF Office in Vienna. Minimum payment €35,000 p.a., negotiable depending on previous experience and educational background.