PSG attack too much for Dinamo
Over 5000 fans flocked to the Polivalenta Arena in Bucharest to cheer for their favorites, Dinamo, but were left reeling as Paris Saint-Germain HB hit their stride in a superb attacking performance to take a 36:29 win.
CS Dinamo Bucuresti (ROU) vs Paris Saint-Germain HB (FRA) 29:36 (16:22)
- a 6:2 run from PSG between the 18th and the 24th minutes , which was the pivotal moment of the game, helping the French champions create a 16:12 lead, as Elohim Prandi and Kamil Syprzak scored two goals each
- Dinamo tied the record for the most goals conceded in a first half in the competition, 22, set last season against Telekom Veszprém HC. Goalkeepers, Alexandru Bucataru and Khalifa Ghedbane combined for a single save
- Elohim Prandi was the top scorer with nine goals, but PSG's line player, Kamil Syprzak, leapfrogged Cejle's Aleks Vlah as the top scorer in the competition with 35 goals
- the French champions have now secured their best start since the 2019/20 season, winning four out of their first five games in the competition, while also averaging 35 goals per match
- Dinamo fell eight goals short of reaching the 2000-goal milestone in the Machineseeker EHF Champions League. They should become the 32nd team to hit that mark in their next game, against HC PPD Zagreb
Dinamo continue to improve despite loss
PSG Handball are again looking like one of the top teams in the competition. They boast one of the best attacks, which now averages 35 goals per game, after the 36:29 win against Dinamo.
The Romanian side, cheered by their 5000 fans throughout the whole game, could only stay tied to PSG for the first 18 minutes, after which the superior depth of the French champions made all the difference.
Nonetheless, Xavi Pascual is creating a strong team in Bucharest, with Dinamo looking better and better. They have improved from last season, as Pascual begins to create a team in his mould.
The atmosphere was amazing. There were a lot of people, a lot of spectators, the match was tough for everybody. Dinamo played very well in defence and in atack. Sometimes we were better, sometimes not. We are very happy to win here.