Job Opening: Social Media Specialist
The European Handball Federation is looking for a social media specialist, based out of its headquarters in Vienna, Austria.
Working across the sport’s top competitions including the EHF Champions League, the EHF European League and the EHF EURO events, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced social media expert to drive further growth in the federation’s fan base.
More than 2.5 million people already follow the EHF’s competitions and activities and the federation has set itself high-reaching targets, as it seeks to engage with a new generation of younger fans in the future.
The successful candidate will manage social media channels on a day-to-day basis, coordinate campaigns and work to develop new ideas to reach, engage and grow the fan base. Overall, the European Handball Federation operates an extensive network across its competitions of 20 social media platforms.
The role will involve working closely with the entire EHF Media team as well as with external agencies to create content (video/graphics) for publication on EHF channels. Other key aspects include listening and responding to the handball community and tracking and monitoring analytics to maximise performance across campaigns and channels.
This is a full-time position based at the EHF Office in Vienna. The role will involve working at major international handball events including the EHF FINAL4s and the EHF EURO final tournaments.
- Manage EHF's social media campaigns and day-to-day activities
- Create engaging campaigns and content (incl. graphics, video, GiFs and additional formats) on own initiative and together with external agencies to enhance the EHF’s presence on social media presence
- Create and maintain a social media content plan, ensuring a consistent posting frequency and strategic content distribution
- Set goals and KPIs for social media performance and develop action plans to achieve them
- Pro-actively develop communication and interaction with/between fans and manage the EHF’s social media community
- Use analytics and reporting to optimise planning and scheduling of content
- Deal with crisis communication across social media channels
- Contribute to the development of a long-term social media strategy
- Additional tasks as required within the EHF Media & Communications department
- Minimum 2 years’ previous experience as a social media or community manager, with a track record of successful social media campaigns
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working with all major social media platforms
- Excellent understanding of how to communicate through social media to reach and engage with audiences
- Experience and understanding of analytics and reporting to develop insights and maximise performance
- Team player who collaborates effectively with EHF internal teams and departments as well as with external agencies, freelancers, different stakeholders
- Excellent written and spoken English, as well as an understanding of how to use the right words at the right time and the correct tone of voice
- An eye for creative content generation, including video editing, with a strong command of the Adobe Suite (or similar) products, i.e. Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator etc.
- Creative mindset with the ability to think outside the box and create new formats and engaging content
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and capacity to navigate sensitive situations effectively
- Passion for sport essential; knowledge of handball and the EHF’s top competitions is an advantage
- Ability to speak German also an advantage
- Willingness to relocate to Vienna, Austria
About the EHF
The EHF is the umbrella organisation for handball in Europe and has 50 member federations. Its tasks include the organisation and management of high-profile handball competitions such as the EHF Champions League, the EHF European League and the EHF EURO events. The federation’s diverse range of responsibilities also include: managing player transfers, development and education programmes as well as the promotion of additional forms of the game including beach handball and wheelchair handball.
About EHF Media and Communication
The EHF Media & Communications Department is responsible for the internal and external communication of the European Handball Federation. This includes corporate and stakeholder communications, content strategy, digital campaigning, club and federation media relations, TV & media operations for national team and beach handball events as well as overseeing the content production and managing the website and the EHF’s social media channels.
Applying for the position
To apply, send your current CV, examples of social media graphics and visuals created on earlier occasions, examples of social media successes and a covering/motivation letter in English explaining why you would like to work for the EHF and what you feel that you can bring to the role by email to email@example.com by 15 August.
- Preferred starting date: September/October 2023
- Application deadline: 15 August 2023
- Full-time (40 hours/week)
- Location: Hoffingergasse 18, 1120 Vienna, Austria
Minimum yearly gross salary: EUR 35,000 (negotiable depending on qualifications and experience)