Job vacancy: In-house lawyerThe European Handball Federation is offering the position of ‘In-house Lawyer’
The European Handball Federation is offering the position of ‘In-house Lawyer’.
This is an opportunity to work for a major European sports organisation and play a role in the further development of the legal environment of the federation.
The roles within the EHF Legal Department are split in a way that the focus is laid on the one hand on the ‘corporate area’ dealing with contracts, data protection, intellectual property rights, bid condition, regulations implementation, etc. and the ‘institutional area’ dealing primarily with EHF legal system, the jurisdiction and the legislation.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the corporate area within the EHF legal management. This focus describes the main responsibilities, however, involvement in tasks relating to the institutional area will be required. In general, regular legal advice for the different departments will be required and on-site legal service at major handball events may be necessary.
As described, the role will focus on the development of contracts, guidelines, regulations, etc. as well as their analysis and relating consultations. The same holds true for data protection and data protection agreements. Special focus is given to the skills of a candidate to produce legal texts, and to find the appropriate reasoning including the necessary quotations.
Skills to adapt to the needs of sports law and sports management are required, this includes frequently changing conditions.
Fluency in English, a flair for writing and experience in sports law and event management are essential for this position. Additional fluency in German is seen as an advantage for the position depending on the development within the role, a promotion within our organisation is foreseen.
Key tasks and responsibilities
As an In-house Lawyer, you will report directly to the federation’s senior management. The main tasks are as follows:
- Drafting and overseeing the preparation of contracts
- Management of data protection law and data protection contracts for the entire organisation including its daughter company
- Intellectual property service
- Drafting and revising regulations
- Legal service to all departments in the organisation
- Drafting and revising bid conditions and regulations
- Supporting official event
- Supporting jurisdiction and legislation
- Cooperation with other sports organisations and external law firms
- Jurisdiction management
- Cooperation with legal bodies and meeting services
You will also be expected to play an active role in optimising and improving the processes and regulations of the EHF.
- 1-3 years experience
- Master’s degree in Law (sports specialisation highly appreciated)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Willingness to understand the sports ecosystem
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Pro-active and creative attitude
- Willingness to travel and work according to event schedules
- Integrate an existing team
Submitting an application
Applications should be made in writing in English including a current CV and a covering letter stating why you would like to apply for the position; send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preferred starting date: Immediate
Location: Hoffingergasse 18, 1120 Vienna, Austria
Salary: EUR 40,000 gross per year (negotiable depending on qualification)
The EHF is the umbrella organisation for Handball in Europe and is located in Vienna’s 12th district. The federation and its marketing subsidiary, i.e. EHF Marketing GmbH, are responsible for a wide range of activities including the organisation of events, and major competitions such as the EHF EURO and the EHF Champions Leagues as well as marketing and sponsorship.
With responsibility for the federation’s legal in-house services, our legal team works across all of the EHF’s business units and events on a wide range of tasks. Further information can be found at www.eurohandball.com.