Metz and Buducnost seek more away success
Two matches in the DELO EHF Champions League 2020/21 that were postponed in earlier rounds have been rescheduled for Wednesday.
In group A, FTC-Rail Cargo Hungaria and Metz Handball are now going into a double-header, as both teams will meet again for the reverse fixture in France on Sunday.
FTC have been struggling in home matches, while Metz hope to continue where they left last weekend - with a win at RK Krim Mercator.
In group B, SCM Ramnicu Valcea will try to build on their first win of the season when they host ZRK Buducnost, who grabbed a point at Brest Bretagne Handball.
FTC-Rail Cargo Hungaria (HUN) vs Metz Handball (FRA)
Wednesday 20 January, 18:45 CET, live on EHFTV
- this match has been rescheduled from round 3 in September
- Metz are ranked second with 12 points from eight matches, FTC fifth with 10 from nine
- Metz travelled to Hungary straight from Slovenia, where they defeated Krim last Saturday
- FTC suffered their third home defeat last weekend, against Team Esbjerg; only Bietigheim and Krim have worse home records in group A
- Metz have signed French international Chloé Valentini for next season and extended contracts with many key players, including Orlane Kanor and Louise Burgaard
SCM Ramnicu Valcea (ROU) vs ZRK Buducnost (MNE)
Wednesday 20 January, 17:00 CET, live on EHFTV
- this match was initially planned for round 7 in November
- after six straight defeats, Valcea finally earned their first points of the season at Podravka Vegeta (27:25) last weekend
- that result saw Valcea overtake BV Borussia 09 Dortmund and Podravka into sixth place
- Buducnost came close to upsetting second-ranked Brest in France last weekend, leading 18:11 at half-time before settling for a 28:28 draw
- Buducnost have three points from two matches since former star player Bojana Popovic took over as head coach
- in the reverse fixture in November, Buducnost claimed a hard-fought win at home, 29:28