Odense claim second straight win
Odense Håndbold are playing just their second season in Europe’s premier club competition, yet they seem to feel confident at this level.
Following a home victory against Dortmund last week, the Danish side went on to win at Valcea, 30:21.
SCM Ramnicu Valcea (ROU) vs Odense Håndbold (DEN) 21:30 (10:13)
- Odense have the maximum of four points now; Valcea are yet to claim their first points
- Valcea were never in the lead during the 60 minutes
- In the 25th minute, Valcea drew level at 10:10, yet Odense did not concede a goal for the next 11 minutes to take a 16:10 lead
- Freja Cohrt was Odense’s best scorer, with eight goals
- next week, Valcea are set to play at CSKA, while Odense will host Buducnost
Odense’s biggest win
Before this match, Odense’s biggest win in the DELO EHF Champions League was recorded in the 2018/19 season, when they defeated Larvik in Norway by eight goals (33:25). Now the Danish side exceeded that result as they beat Valcea by nine goals – and again away from home.
“We knew Valcea were missing some players, but they are still a very good team. We knew it was a hard task for us, but I think we did really well from the beginning and we had an amazing defence. I think that is why we won the match. I am really proud of my team.”